Julie R. Whatley
A native of McLeansville, North Carolina, Julie Whatley earned a Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Latin from Wake Forest University, a Master of Arts in Teaching Latin and Classical Humanities from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and a Master of Trust and Wealth Management and a Law Degree from Campbell University.
She was admitted to the NC bar in 2009 and to the United States District Court—Middle District, North Carolina. Julie is married to Patrick and has two stepsons and a daughter.
She is a member of the Kiwanis Club of Kernersville, and the Kernersville Woman’s Club, and is a graduate of the Kernersville Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Kernersville Class of 2011. She is a former EMT-D with the Winston-Salem Rescue Squad and the Wake Forest Emergency Response Team. In her spare time, she enjoys teaching, softball, baseball, volleyball, baking, water sports, and dancing (salsa, shag and swing). She is a member of the NC State Bar, North Carolina Bar Association, Forsyth County Bar Association/21st Judicial District Bar, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), and ElderCounsel.
- Wake Forest University (Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Latin, 2001)
- University of Massachusetts—Amherst (Master of Arts in Teaching Latin and Classical Humanities, 2003)
- Campbell University, Lundy-Fetterman School of Business (Master of Trust and Wealth Management, 2008)
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law (Juris Doctor, 2009)
- Leadership Kernersville Program
History Day Chair (2011-2017)
Class Member (2011)
- Kiwanis Club of Kernersville
Vice President (2011-2012)
- Kernersville Woman’s Club
Corresponding Secretary (2012-2014)
Reporting Secretary (2016-2017)
- Creative Aging Network of NC
Board Member (2012-2015)
- Next Step Ministries
Board Member (2016-2017)
- Triad Retirement Living Association (TRLA)